In this activity, students use the Ake Ake model to explore changes that have taken place in their local environment in the last 50–100 years and to plan for the next 50 years.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- name the five key components important for the sustainability of any society
- describe aspects of their area 50–100 years ago according to these five components
- describe changes in these components that have taken place from then to now
- draw a picture of how they would like their area to look like in 50 years’ time, considering the five components
- explain the components of their picture including why they want certain changes.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do.