An inquiry approach is a method often used in science education. The question bank provides an initial list of questions about ferns and places where their answers can be found.
The article Ferns – introduction has links to further resources and student activities.
Q. What makes ferns unique among plants?
Q. Where did our ferns originate?
- Investigating our fern flora origins
- Molecular analysis of ferns
- Using DNA analyses for classification
Q. What is the value in collecting ferns?
- Documenting New Zealand’s Ferns
- Plant collections in museums
- Classifying and identifying ferns
- The value of early collections