In this activity, students consider, critically analyse and debate statements about different types of salt used in cooking and claims made for them.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- critically analyse advertising claims in a scientific context
- explain the scientific meaning of the word ‘pure’
- debate a science issue by backing up claims with evidence
- demonstrate an understanding of salt production methods.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheets.