An investigation into mirrors and images, with a surprise twist.
In this activity, students will conduct an investigation into how (and where) an image forms in a plane mirror.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain how and and where an image is formed in a plane mirror
- describe how light travels from an object, bounces off of a mirror and is observed as an image
- describe the difference between an object and an image.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- background information for teachers
- investigation instructions
- extension ideas.
Continue your investigations on reflection with the Reflections in a full-length mirror activity.