In this activity, students learn about rongoā Māori (medicines that are produced from native plants in New Zealand) through a silent card game.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain what rongoā Māori is
- name some native plants in New Zealand that are used for rongoā Māori
- name some medical problems that native plants can be used for
- name some medical uses for some of the native plants.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do.
High school student Chris Ryan researched the medicinal properties of kawakawa, read about it in this Connected journal article.