In this activity, students look at the connection between saliva and the senses of taste and smell.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- understand where saliva is produced in the body
- have an awareness that the tongue is responsible for taste and be able to identify papillae
- discuss the functions of saliva and realise that it is not only limited to the process of digestion
- make the link between saliva and the sense of taste
- understand the connection between the sense of smell and the sense of taste.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheet.