In this activity, students view the interactive ‘Temperature – the hot and cold’ and participate in a class discussion.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain the physical meaning of absolute zero
- state the similarities and differences between heat and temperature
- describe how to convert between Celsius and Kelvin temperature scales
- appreciate the range of temperatures used in the production and functioning of certain types of ceramics
- recall several temperature ‘facts’ from the interactive.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- instructions on what you need and what to do
- discussion questions
- ideas for extending your students.