In this activity, students watch video clips of IRL research scientist Dr Ian Brown talking about sialons and then answer a series of graded questions related to the content.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain what sialons are
- name the elements present in sialons
- describe in simple terms the difference between a sialon and an O-Sialon
- state some of the physical properties that characterise sialons
- list some of the challenges that researchers in this area of advanced ceramic research face.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- instructions on what you need and what to do
- student worksheet.