In this activity, students construct simple electrical circuits and test a variety of materials to identify those that are good conductors and those that do not conduct electricity.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- construct simple electrical circuits to test the conductivity of liquids and solids
- predict if a material is a good conductor and test their hypothesis
- rank/group materials according to their conductivity.
Download the Word file (see below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need and what to do
- discussion questions
- student worksheets.