In this activity, students learn to recognise some of the different relative and absolute dating methods that are referred to throughout the Science Learning Hub website.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- read and comprehend a variety of science texts
- recognise and distinguish between relative and absolute dating methods
- realise that dating is important in several fields of science
- use the Science Learning Hub as a research tool.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- discussion questions
- student worksheets.
Nature of Science
When there is a wide range of measurement methods available, scientists need to choose the best one to suit their material and situation.