In this activity, students develop a timescale for a person’s life. The techniques of relative and absolute dating are similar to those used in the construction of a geological timescale.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- understand how a timescale is constructed
- understand the difference between relative and absolute dating
- realise that timescale divisions are not of standard lengths like other scientific units of measurement
- recognise stages of a person’s life.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- discussion questions
- extension ideas.