In this activity, students use stick puppets to explain the various methods plants use to disperse their seeds.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain some components of seed dispersal via wind, water, animals, explosion and fire via a written script and/or spoken word
- begin to use scientific terms relating to plants, seeds and dispersal
- use research skills to locate information about plants, seeds and dispersal
- present information about seed dispersal in an informative and accurate manner.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handout.
Why not also try the Woolly sock walk activity – meander through long grass to experience seed dispersal.