In this activity, students observe the processes of evaporation and precipitation by creating a model that simulates the water cycle.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- discuss how liquid water evaporates and changes into a gas
- discuss how evaporated water rises and circulates in the atmosphere
- discuss how evaporated water condenses when it cools, changes back into a liquid and becomes precipitation
- explain the role of the Sun in this process.
Download the Word file below for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handout.