In this activity, students use real-time data from Argo scientific floats to study ocean currents.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- access information, including real-time data, from the Argo website
- plot data using Google Earth
- use their results to study global ocean currents
- understand how international collaboration and free access to global data enable scientists to carry out research.
Download the Word file (see link above) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheet.