In this activity, students work in small groups to select a 6-member disaster response team from a set of 12 biography cards.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- better understand the consequences of a volcanic eruption – on people and on infrastructure
- discuss the most important needs for people after a volcanic eruption
- discuss the utilities that would be given priority for restoration after an eruption
- better understand the key personnel required to help manage the consequences of a volcanic eruption in their city, town or rural area.
Download the Word file (see link above) for:
- introduction/background notes
- instructions on what you need and what to do
- discussion questions
- biography cards.
The GNS site looks at the hazards of volcanic eruptions and what we should be prepared for.