In this activity, students participate in an interactive ‘true or false’ activity that highlights common alternative conceptions about light and sight. This activity can be done individually, in pairs or as a whole class.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- clarify some of their current views about light and sight
- provide evidence to support their current views
- debate ideas with others who hold different views that may challenge their current thinking
- investigate some key light concepts including how light travels and how we see things.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- extension ideas
- student handout.
Common alternative conceptions about light and further strategies for teaching about light and sight.