In this activity, students listen to AgResearch’s Dr Matthew Barnett, the singing scientist, performing his latest YouTube release called I love fibre. Students then answer sets of questions and complete activities.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain the importance of fibre in the diet
- give examples of fibre rich foods that could be included in the diet
- describe how bacteria present in the large intestine use fibre
- label a simple diagram of the large intestine
- define the term ‘complex carbohydrate
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheets.