In this activity, students view the interactive Limestone’s secrets revealed and then answer graded sets of questions based on the content of the video clips from the interactive.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- describe how New Zealand limestones from the Oligocene period have been laid down
- explain the meaning of the term ‘diagenesis
- recall several of the uses that New Zealand limestone deposits are put to
- describe the reaction of limestone with dilute acid
- have a clearer understanding of geological time scales.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handout.