In this activity, students learn about toxins and poisons and research what’s poisonous in New Zealand.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- describe how at least one historical poison disaster helped people in the future
- explain the difference between toxins (natural toxins) and other poisons
- explain how poisons/toxins can be useful
- describe and talk about toxic animals, plants or bacteria (in food) in New Zealand
- explain what to do in a case of poisoning and describe what the National Poison Centre is.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do.