In this cross-curricular activity, students visualise themselves as a drop of water in the water cycle. The activity includes visual and written literacy components.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- begin to use appropriate content vocabulary
- discuss aspects of water movement through the water cycle
- offer explanations about the cyclical nature of the water cycle
- identify the various changes of state that occur as water moves through the water cycle
- recreate portions of the water cycle using visual or written literacy.
Download the Word file (see link below).
We’ve curated many of the Hub’s water cycle resources in the interactive Learning about the water cycle. Use it to find background information and lots of hands-on activities.
For an even greater range of content, check out these additional water cycle resources.
This activity has been developed in partnership with the Waikato Regional Council as part of the Rivers and Us resource.