In this activity, students complete a true or false worksheet that highlights common alternative conceptions about gravity and satellites. This activity is useful as a pre-test to establish student understanding.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- clarify some of their current thinking about gravity and satellites
- provide evidence to support their current views
- debate ideas with others who hold different views that may challenge their current thinking
- investigate some key concepts around gravity and satellite orbits.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- extension ideas
- student handout.
Common alternative conceptions about gravity and further strategies for teaching about gravity.