An inquiry approach is a method often used in science education. The question bank provides an initial list of questions about fire and places where their answers can be found.
The article Investigating fire – introduction has links to further resources and student activities.
Q. What is fire?
Q. Are all fires the same?
Q. What is smoke?
Q. How can we control or manage fire?
- Managing rural fire risk
- Detecting fire
- The fire danger sign and Bernie
- Low-flammability plants could help our homes survive bushfires
Q. What do scientists study about fire?
- Slowing the burning
- A truck and a tunnel
- Fire and people
- Fire behaviour in the outdoors
- Managing fire risk in the outdoors
- Invasive weeds and wildfires