In this activity, students use the Futures thinking tool to investigate obesity and the impact it has on the health system.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- define the term ‘obesity’
- explain how body mass index (BMI) can be used to evaluate a person’s body weight and associated risk of disease
- describe some of the medical conditions that are more prevalent in people who are obese
- discuss possible future measures to control obesity in the population having used the Futures thinking tool.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheets.