In this activity, students investigate the reaction between copper and oxygen and watch a demonstration of the rapid reaction between hydrogen and oxygen.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- describe the chemical reaction between copper and oxygen
- explain how reaction conditions can affect the rate of a chemical reaction
- write balanced chemical equations for the copper-oxygen and hydrogen-oxygen reactions
- explain how copper sheeting used in building construction weathers.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do.