In this activity, students realise that they are growing up in a world in which nanotechnology could have a huge impact and explore some of the potential social issues that could arise.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain which existing products containing nanotechnology components they consider good or bad
- explain which future products that may contain nanotechnology components they consider good or bad
- develop a response to possible future products like ‘nanodocs’ that will enable medical tests or ‘nanocleaners’ that will enable cleaning of teeth, hair and skin throughout the day
- discuss the positive and negative factors of nanotechnology enabling people to live to 200 years in the future.
Download the Word file (see below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- extension idea
- student handouts.