In this activity, students consider evidence for life on other planets outside our Solar System. They examine data to decide on the likelihood of life on certain extrasolar planets.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- discuss what ‘life’ is
- use data to draw conclusions
- understand how hard it is to know if there is life on other planets
- communicate ideas to others
- know some information about planets in our Solar System.
Download the Word file for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handouts.