In this activity, students use images and information to investigate sources and effects of air pollution.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- recognise sources of air pollution
- know about some solutions to air pollution
- understand how air pollution affects them personally
- discuss this scientific and social issue with others.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- discussion questions
- student handout
The 2017 Connected article Sensing data describes how a team of researchers used technology and big data to help make Christchurch a healthier smarter city to live in.
Explore air quality issues further with the activity Investigating air pollution.
Global Earth Challenge is an international citizen science project that has a section on monitoring air quality.