In this web quest activity, groups of students use the web links provided to study the clean-up of sites contaminated by hazardous waste. They present their findings to the class.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- explain how hazardous contaminants can affect the environment and/or people’s health
- understand what can be done to clean up contaminated sites and some of the limitations of such methods
- understand some of the social effects of industrial processes
- carry out web-based research and communicate their findings to others.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- discussion questions
- student handout.