In this activity, students investigate some of the properties of seawater.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- discuss that salt dissolves in water
- explain that dissolved salt does not change the volume of the water
- discuss the differences in density between freshwater and seawater
- discuss how freshwater in the form of rain or melting ice reduces the salinity of the saltwater on the surface.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handout.