In this activity, students are introduced to biodiversity. They make models of a marine ecosystem and use their models to explore human impact on ecosystems and biodiversity.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- define biodiversity
- explain why biodiversity is important
- describe one marine ecosystem and how some of its members depend on their habitat
- give an example of how human impact can be harmful to marine ecosystems and biodiversity
- describe some ways we can help sustain our biodiversity.
Download the Word file for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student handouts.