In this activity, students use text, diagrams, images and video clips to answer questions about cancer screening and diagnosis.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- gather, evaluate and synthesise information across a range of texts and media
- use content-specific vocabulary to understand texts
- discuss ways in which cancer cells differ from normal cells
- discuss different methods of screening and diagnosing some types of cancer
- consider some of the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods used to screen for breast cancer.
Download the Word file (see link below) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- extension idea
- student handout.