The Waikato River is significant for its enormous catchment area and for its importance to Waikato-Tainui, the mana whenua.
The following articles provide information about the Waikato River as an ecosystem, the significance of the river to its people and efforts to restore te mana o te awa.
- The Waikato River
- Waikato River ecology and biodiversity
- River ecosystems
- Human impacts on the Waikato River
- Raupatu (confiscation) and the Waikato River Settlement
- Te mana o te awa
- Kaitiakitanga and mana whakahaere
- History of the Waikato River – timeline
Acknowledgement: Waikato-Tainui College for Research and Development