There are huge potential economic and environmental gains to be made for New Zealand from applications and tools produced using Earth observation satellite data.
At this exciting time in the development of the New Zealand Space sector, this colloquium will:
- Profile leading edge New Zealand and International projects with industry and state sector applications
- Bring together people from a wide range of sectors with an interest in Earth Observation data to network and innovate
- Lay the groundwork for the creation of an Earth observation industry organisation or community
- Agree on the foundation principles for a ten year Earth observation strategy for New Zealand.
Who should attend?
- Industry users of land information, including agriculture, forestry, power generation, infrastructure and resource management, particularly business development, R&D and strategic managers
- Space industry organisations with a focus on satellite and earth observation data
- Policy makers and agencies with responsibility for environmental management, climate change, primary industries, civil infrastructure, disaster management, defence and related portfolios
- Research and technical specialists
- Big data and machine learning specialists.
Location: Te Papa, 55 Cable Street, Wellington
For further information and to register: https://whatonearth.co.nz