Saliva, smell and taste
In this activity, students look at the connection between saliva and the senses of taste and smell.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- understand where saliva is produced in the body
- have an awareness that the tongue is responsible for taste and be able to identify papillae
- discuss the functions of saliva and realise that it is not only limited to the process of digestion
- make the link between saliva and the sense of taste
- understand the connection between the sense of smell and the sense of taste.
Download the Word file (see link above) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheet.