Student Activity - Water content of foods
In this activity, students quantitatively analyse carrot and banana for moisture content and total solids using and comparing two drying methods.
By the end of this activity, students should be able to:
- report experimentally determined moisture and solids content values for banana and carrot
- explain the meaning of the term ‘gravimetric analysis’
- describe possible sources of error in each of the methods used
- effectively manipulate the laboratory equipment used in this activity.
Download the Word file (see link above) for:
- introduction/background notes
- what you need
- what to do
- student worksheet.