An inquiry approach is a method often used in science education. This question bank provides a list of questions about Earthquakes and places where their answers can be found. The questions are in three groups: Earthquakes in general, Slow slips and Base isolation.
List of Question Bank items
Earthquakes in general
This question bank asks general questions about earthquakes.
- Q. We can't see through solid rock, so where's the evidence for how earthquakes work?
- Q. Why does the earth shake so far away from where an earthquake starts?
- Q. Can I see earthquake waves?
- Q. Who is talking about this?
- Q. Where can we find out about this?
- Q. What are New Zealand scientists doing about this?
- Q. How long have we known about this?
This question bank focuses on the form of earthquakes known as slow slips.
A group of questions focuses on the technology of base isolation.